clinical research mainly refers to all types of researches that are mainly carried out on humans. This mainly focuses on improving the knowledge about the diseases, developing diagnostic methods, and different types of treatments or medical devices to ensure better patient care.
The purpose of the clinical research
Some of the main purposes of clinical research include the below:
- Must have the goal of increasing medical knowledge.
- The research must be carried out by competent persons.
- All the necessary measures must be taken to protect those who offer themselves to the field of research.
- One must obtain the regulatory approvals and must take all the required legal and ethical steps.
- Before doing any research one must collect the consent of those people who are involved in the research.
Different types of clinical researches
- Treatment research normally involves an intervention such as medication, new devices, psychotherapy, or some of the new approaches to surgery or radiation therapy.
- Prevention research is mainly looking for some of the better ways to prevent any disorders from returning or developing.
- Diagnostic research is the practice of looking for some of the better ways to identify a certain disorder or condition.